Life in itself, is beautiful, right? But, sometimes, here or there, we do make goals, things we want to achieve in life. To do that, one needs to cut things out. This time we are looking at some of the idioms related to goals and dreams !! If you want to succeed, cut out on the inessentials of your life.
Sleep on it
- Sentence: You need to sleep on it before you ask other people to act on it.
Meaning: Think about something before making decision.
Cut it out
- Sentence: His songs are so irritating, can you please just cut it out!
Meaning: stop doing something bad
Give someone a hand
- Sentence: In this world, where there is terrorism, loneliness, a brighter world can only be created if we start giving the needy a hand.
Meaning: to help
Keep one’s chin up
- Sentence: The path to success can be difficult but if you really want it, all you have to do is keep you chin up and your desire burning.
Meaning: Remain brave and keep on trying
To get the ball rolling
- Sentence: After all the hard work I have put in starting the venture, I guess the time has come when we can get the ball rolling.
Meaning: start something especially something big
The thick of something
- Sentence: Chandini Chowk is the thick of Delhi.
Meaning: the busiest or the crowded part of something
Thick and fast
- Sentence: India won thick and fast.
Meaning: rapidly and in great numbers.
In the nature of things
- Sentence: It is really hard to change something that is in the nature of it.
Meaning: something that is inevitable.
- Sentence:It takes guts to go nap.
Meaning: risk everything in an attempt.
The nature of the beast
- Sentence: His laziness is the nature of the beast.
Meaning: something that cannot be changed about someone and must be accepted.
If you want to get a high score in IELTS, remember, all you got to do is keep your chin up and when the time arrives let the ball rolling.