IELTS SPEAKING TASK CUE CARD
DESCRIBE A WATER SPORT YOU WANT TO DO?
- What was the success?
- When it happened?
- How did he/she accomplished it?
- And explain why you thought it was a success.
A water sport that I fancied to experience for a long time is Scuba diving. The life underwater has always fascinated me, and it would grant me the opportunity to come in contact with the flora and fauna of marine life. As seen in some documentaries, unlike other water activities which involve noises, Scuba diving is a calm and serene sport in which the diver gets away from the troubles of the outer world, experiencing a whole different world altogether. All we are surrounded by is incredible sea creatures and hear the sound of bubbles while we breathe. It is captivating the way humans can breathe deeply underwater with other oceanic beings and coral reefs.
Unfortunately on my last vacation to Goa, I planned but had to cancel my Scuba diving reservations due to some unavoidable medical conditions. I felt envious of my cousins who did it and couldn’t stop talking about how relaxing it was which made me all the more curious. Therefore, this year on my vacation to Kerala, I would definitely love to experience this thrilling sport.
As far as I’ve learned, Scuba diving is considered to be a less complicated sport. It is said to eliminate stress. As underwater we have zero gravity, scuba diving is like flying underwater and being weightless. It is full of fun and though there’s a professional trainer present with us under water, some people who have aqua phobia might feel claustrophobic or fear the marine creatures.
As exploring nature is a meditation in itself, being surrounded by the exotic marine creatures would be a dream I’d like to live forever. Considering that 70% of the world is under the sea which clearly means that it’s unexplored. Therefore, getting to see that undiscovered part with just a dive would be a once in a lifetime experience. There’s no better feeling that encountering those unique species for the first time.
- SERENE- peaceful and untroubled.
- ENVIOUS- jealousy
- AQUAPHOBIA- fear from water or water activities
- CLAUSTROPHOBIC- fear of suffocation
IELTS Dehradun Uttarakhand Tel: 8439000086 , 8439000087
Most of the people are busy making careers in their country, but if you are the one, who has decided that abroad is the place for you and you need to do a job in some country abroad, the first step towards getting a job is having an excellent resume.
There are several things to watch out for when writing an international resume. Undoubtedly, it requires highlighting several things in detail, such as skills, language, traveling descriptions, etc. Let us have a look at some of the resume tips that can help you write attractive resumes –
- Career Objective – This is the section where you need to convey the recruiter about your area of interest and about what you are looking for in a job. What you write in your resume is simply a follow up of your career objective.
- Education- Mentioning your education helps the recruiter to gauge through your knowledge and skill. However, when applying abroad, you are not applying just because there is a vacancy, you are applying because you need a job. In this case,it is advisable to address your knowledge and skills with relevant examples such as projects, internship, study abroad (if any), and the knowledge of a foreign language.
3. Work Experience – Employers look for people who are self-starters, independent and have managerial skills.You can always emphasize on your work experience and transferable skills. No matter, the experience was small, it always acts as brownie points for you. It could be as small as getting a job at a coffee shop or opening your own company.
4. Professional And Personality Traits – A person when giving you a job abroad will always look for traits such as ability to adjust to the cultural difference and new challenges. So, mention such traits, show them that you are like able and potential employee for the company.
5. Resume Length- Usually, the length of a resume for a recent graduate remains one page, whereas, a candidate with several years of work experience, achievements and number of employers have more information to share, hence the ideal length becomes a two-page resume. In case of an international resume, the candidate requires to mention all the above points in detail. Hence, the length can go up to 3 or 4 pages. However, you need to make sure that whatever you write in it is relevant.
So, go on, write that master piece and get the desired job.
In recent times, many democratic countries have come up with the NOTA choice for the voters. NOTA mean none of the above. You need to speak on , ” Should voters be given NOTA choice?”.
Some of the possible view points could be –
- I am in favor of NOTA. NOTA brings democracy in true sense. Because with NOTA if a person is not interested in choosing any of the individuals, he/she can rather reject them all, instead of being forced to choose one.
- NOTA also brings a feeling of trust among people towards the country. They are now more likely to go out and vote or maybe be more interested in the politics of the country.
- May be NOTA does gives choices to individuals, it also brings a feeling of laid back among people. Those who never were interested in choosing the right candidate can now without pondering much, could end up choosing NOTA.
- I think the concept of NOTA is good but the fact is that it needs to get more mature. For instance, if the number of NOTA votes exceed a particular limit, re election must be done. This can prevent an unlikely candidate to win the elections.
- In my opinion, NOTA will not change anything. Politics is a vast ocean and it is rightly said, that a clean person can never be a politician. So, according to me, instead of giving the voters the choice of NOTA, awareness must be created in their minds regarding the candidates standing up for elections.
Albert Einstein, hailed (to describe somebody or something as being very good or special, especially in newspapers etc.) as the greatest (extremely good and therefore admired by people) physicist (a scientist* who studies physics) of the 20th century, found the relation between energy, mass and the speed of light. That marked (made a noticeable or distinct impact) a milestone (a very important stage or event in the development of something) in human progress. He defined the special theory of relativity in 1905 and, ten years later, the General Theory of Relativity. He thus enlarged (to make something bigger) Sir Isaac Newton’s understanding of the universe. Stephen hawking, a British physicist, chose the growing field for the further study. He came up with a theory about the origin of the universe. He said that the universe began with a big bang. He predicted (to say that something will happen in the future) that the universe would end up as a huge black hole.
What is a black hole? A black hole is far out in space. It is dark because it does not reflect light, but sucks light in. You can look upon a black hole as a light guzzler (a car that needs lot of petrol). But it is not called by that name. Names often end up as misnomers (a name or a word that is not appropriate or accurate). Think of a sun Ayana with a squint (a condition of the eye muscle which causes eye to look in a different direction) or a Manohar who is as ugly (unpleasant to look at) as a toad (an unpleasant person). No black hole has a hole. In reality, it is tightly packed with matter and hence very dense (difficult to see through).
* Scientist is someone who studies one or more of natural science
Use the words given below to answer the following questions-
Hailed, greatest, physicist, mark, milestone, enlarged, predicted, guzzler, misnomers, squint, ugly, dense
The form of the words can be changed
- Once there was women, all naked, lying on the road, with ants wrapped all over her body. She was crying for help, but no one else did, except a lady, later came to known as mother Teresa. Which word will you use for Mother Teresa?
- Steve jobs is often regarded as the father of the digital revolution. He had a huge impact on youngsters and changed the way people chose their profession. What did he left behind?
- I am going to hide behind the wall, because no one can see me through it. From the given words which word can be used to describe the wall?
- When she won the Nobel Prize for peace, the entire newspapers were filled with information about her. Who she was, what she liked and how she became what she became. What did newspapers did?
- Alice loves science and particularly physics. She often says she wants to know everything about physics. What do you think Alice is most likely to become in future?
- Tanesha had many failures in his life. She got poor grades in the beginning and was even sexually exploited but falling in love changed her life forever. What did love meant to Tanesha?
- She never learns answers, all she does is understand the main concepts and expands them into full answers. What does she does?
- Alex was so sure that she will get 98% in boards that she went on to tell it confidently to others. What was Alex doing?
- I lose a lot of money because of my old car. The engine is so old that now it needs more petrol than others. What will you call my car?
- No matter what my name has ever been, people have mostly called me as either mad or mental or psycho. What are these different words people have called me by?
- That black and white dress irritates me because of its loud colour. So, how is the dress for me?
- She mostly speaks abusive language and it becomes quite irritating to be with her. What kind of a person is she?
- She cannot play archery as well, because of the fact that she looks in different direction. What problem is she facing?