Listen to the audio given and answer the questions 11 to 17
Choose the correct letter A, B or C
11. “all things bright and beautiful” was published in
12. Home fit for heroes was a scheme
A. To improve the conditions of houses
B. To build 500 houses
C. To build 5000 houses
13. People were able to claim payments according to National insurance act for the first time on
A. 15 January 1913
B. 15 January 1930
C. 20 January 1913
14. Under the national insurance act, the sick pay was claimable for
A. 20 weeks
B. 26 weeks
C. 15 weeks
15. The person supporting the idea of reform was
16. Choose the action taken by Lloyd
A. Increased debt duties
B. Lowered the income tax
C. Took of the tax on higher incomes.
17. The first ever survey done by Round tree on the provincial city was published in
Complete the sentences given below.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
18. Round tree was part of the family __________.
19. The country visited by Lloyd George was _________.
20. Pensions for age 70 or more were introduced in the year ____.
18. chocolate makers
The listening test in IELTS last for approximately 30 minutes.
The listening test has 40 questions and the audio is played only once. There are four sections and with every section you get time to read the questions. At the end of the test, you are given ten minutes to transfer your answers to the answer sheet. You are also given time to check your answers. You may hear various dialects in your listening test. They could be Australian, British American, Canadian, new Zealand and Irish.
FORMATThe listening test has four sections.
Section 1-: you may hear a conversation between two people about the general situations people face in their day to day life. It could be about booking a ticket or knowing about a job vacancy.
Section 2-: this section has a talk about a particular topic, given by a person. The talk may be about a tour, a concert or anything in general.
Section 3-: It has a discussion among tow or four people about a study related topic.
Section 4-:This section has a lecture on a general academic topic.QUESTION TYPEThere are various question types in the listening task and your test may have any of the following-:
3.Short answer questions
6.Labeling a map or a diagram
Chart out a plan for your test and follow it till the end. Remember the better the plan, the more the chances of your success.