IELTS Listening Sample Questions # Penicillin
The audio has been taken from BBC 6 minutes learning English. The audio talks about a medicine,”penicillin” used as a life saving drug.
You can download the audio from the link – AUDIO
Answer the following questions in NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS–
- How many lives penicillin has saved?
- What is a substance that kills micro organisms called?
- Penicillin was discovered on ____________?
- Which Scottish scientist discovered Penicillin?
- What is the synonym of halo?
- The delay in washing dishes causes a green fuzzy thing to grow on dishes. What is it called?
- The speaker uses a term for the chemical treatment which kill cancer cells. What is it?
- The speaker uses a synonym for stop? What is it?
- What is the defense against infection and disease that our body has called?
- The speaker uses a phrase that means “to mean to make something possible”. What is it?
- Against what kinds of bacteria does penicillin work?
- The speaker defines a word for a thing that something cannot harm it anymore. What is it?
- What word is used to refer to dead bodies?
- 200 million
- anti biotic
- Alexander Fleming
- immune system
- pave the way
- bacteria with protein