With the advent of technology, computers are replacing books at a very fast pace and some people believe that in the fist of books vs technology, now libraries must spend on technology rather than books. Well, you are more likely to be asked to either agree/disagree or discuss. Let us have a look at some of the ideas for the topic.
Libraries must invest in books
- Not all books are available in digital form, especially some specialized editions.
- Paper books are more reliable in a way that they cannot be deleted accidentally.
- Everything comes and goes. It might be even possible that someday internet is not available or closes down. Throwing away books might not be the best option.
- Internet has a plethora of sites. Children must be given books to read rather than internet as they might end up watching uncensored sites as well.
- Seeing books, often inspires and stimulates imagination.
Libraries must spend money on technology
- Technology is more cost effective as compared to books. For instance, to store the same information in books, one requires more space as compared to e-books.
- Computers offer better customer services as compared to books, because locating information in computers is easier than in books.
- Providing technology opens up a new world of information wherein people can access internet for information than that provided solely by library.
In present times, more and more young people need to compete with the old people for the same job. This has caused some issues in work place. Today, we will look at some of the possible issues and the possible solutions.
Problem caused by young and old people competing for a job
- young people competing with old people would mean less chance of winning among young as old always bring with them the required experience.
- Young people tend to shape the society. With the increased competition among young and old, unemployment is likely to rise causing social upheaval often leading to crime.
- Old age is a age when people are more susceptible to issues such as insecurity and poverty. If old age people lose their job, they might not get another job, leading them to the trap of poverty.
- One effective solution could be to provide older people with social benefits so that they can retire without losing their social status.
- The increased competition can be controlled if age for certain jobs is fixed or a quota for jobs among old and young is made.
- The older people can also be employed to purely pass on their knowledge to the young rather than taking their positions at work.
Cell phones/ mobile phones have created a space in our lives and also in the IELTS exam. So, it could be very much possible that you are asked a question with cell phone or mobile phone with the base idea.
Now, every individual as a way of writing and giving sample answers is also a fine idea. But let us have a look at the ideas that can be used for writing an essay.
Positives about cell phones
- Mobile phones have revolutionized the way we communicate, making it easier and effective.
- One can stay in contact with every one, no matter where he/she is at present.
- Cell phones allow to communicate using messages or emails or by calling. The user always has the option.
- They provide easy access to Internet, music and camera making life more exciting because you have everything in your pocket.
Negatives of Cell phones
- They cause problems in certain public places. For instance, when it rings during a meeting or in a theater hall.
- Talking or messaging while driving tends to cause accidents in roads.
- Mobile or cell phones can interfere with the operation of other electronic equipment.
- Excessive use of mobile phones can cause brain damage due to radio frequency waves they emit.
- The positives outweigh the drawbacks.
- If used with proper care, they could be beneficial in our daily lives, making it simpler.
- Mobile phones have become fashion accessory for people.
A healthy person is often described as someone who has a good diet, gets plenty of exercise and avoids stress.
What should people do to stay healthy in your country?
Give reasons for your answer and support by giving examples.
- One of the easiest way to stay healthy is by eating right. We often become what we eat and it is very important that we take care of what we eat. Eating a balanced diet i.e. having carbohydrates,fats, minerals, vitamins, roughage, water and proteins helps in the overall development of the individual and avoids any deficiency disease that might take place.
- With more and more people becoming workaholic, it is very important that they do certain kind of physical exercise daily. This helps people to be away from the diseases the busy life style has given us and also reduce the stress away.
- It is not only about physical fitness,we at present times need to be mentally fit as well. For this, we can do simple things, such as change the routine of doing things. For instance, change the way we brush or use a different hand to write or challenge oneself by reading harder things, may be an international magazine or a tough literature.
- One can also reduce stress levels by solving puzzles and playing games of strategy. One might learn a new language or learn how to play a new instrument.
- Awareness is very important. The best way to fight stress is to know what is causing you stress. If you are aware of it, chances are high that you can avoid them. For instance, if you know that traffic irritates you, avoid going out in time when traffic is busy.
You can add examples of your choice and follow the essay tips to write an excellent essay.