Exercise 204 #Synonym
Given below are five sentences, with each sentence having a word highlighted. Your task is to find the meaning of that word amongst the four options given.
- The dramatic decade straddles many worlds.
- An object that fits into the top of a bottle to close it.
- A small decorative object in house
- To exist within, or include, different periods of time, activities or group of people.
- The place where something important comes from
- The books covers three epochal events that shaped the political landscape and discourse of the country.
- A very large see monster.
- A period of time in history, especially one during which important events or changes happen.
- To criticize somebody or something very strongly
- Not socially acceptable, but often still attractive despite this.
- Winter gripped the capital, wrapping it in a sheet of mist.
- Hold somebody or something tightly
- To interest or excite somebody
- Never end or improve
- A person’s intelligence
- The daily routine of my work life carries on unabated.
- Used as a friendly way of addressing sb.
- Connected with the earliest origins of life
- Without becoming less strong
- To give a long cry
- I still remember the sting of my school master’s cane.
- The darkest part of a shadow
- No longer having an effect or influence.
- Born dead
- Any sharp pain in your body or mind