Group Discussion Topics # Political System
Is political system reason for backwardness of our country?
This is topic of the discussion and the points given below can be spoken during the group discussion.
- People in last few years have witnessed scams of high order with no answers being provided on them. No one knows where do these scams come from? Who is involved in them and what actions will be taken? The money that often gets lost is the hard earned money of people, who give it to government to enjoy some services, for instance better roads. Scams like these do make us question on the credibility of the system.
- Political party is a group of people who are responsible for improving the country, surely we also are, but at major level, they are the elected candidates who help in the betterment of the country. But, in recent times, one can see that instead of working for the country, the parties are busy blaming each other and trying to gain power.
- Whenever something wrong happen in the country, the parties bring the matter to the parliament, blame the ruling party and then it is over!! Can anyone tell, if there is ever any action taken?
- It is the political system that continuously gives place to the tainted politicians in the system. How can you always appoint such people who in any case are of no good to the local people?
- Just because there is one murderer does not mean that the entire human race is a criminal. Although political system and politicians are mixed together very closely, they cannot be mixed. Because if there have been some bad politicians, we have even seen examples of great politicians.
- It is not like there have been only scams. The ruling government has even brought out new plans and schemes for the betterment of the country people. Like the Digital India, food security bill, lokpal bill and many others.
- The main reason behind our backwardness is Lack of education, the attitude towards women and most importantly our social system.
- Backwardness is a very relative term. We are a new democracy and we have been doing greatly in certain domains of development. For instance, our economy is on high, our companies are doing well
- If we can blame politicians, I think the youth should be equally blamed for taking up secured jobs in USA rather than joining politics and doing something good about the country. So, the country is not backward because the politicians are bad, but because the good don’t want to do good.