IELTS Listening Sample Questions # Armed forces
Police, army are the people who make it possible for us to have a safer life. They are the ones who stay away from their deary ones to make sure that we are able to enjoy with our loved ones. This time we are listening to the BBC 6 minute English on what is an alternative to the armed forces.
Listen to the audio below and answer the following questions in NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS.
- Which phrase refers to the fact that a person will leave quickly?
- What expression is used for giving permission for someone to ask a question or speak?Which country has the oldest gun control laws in the world?
- What expression means that you prevent someone from moving?
- What is the synonym of less intense?
- Which word is used to show the fact that America equips its police with guns to use them as army?
- What is the competition of having more weapons than other group called?
- When did Japan implements its gun control laws?
- What kind of verb is shoot off?
- shoot off
- fire away
- arms race
- phrasal verb