Look at the contents page from a magazine on the following page.
Answer questions 1-3 by matching the heading given in the advertisement with the content provided.
Write your answers in the boxes 1-3 on your answer sheet.
1. This exercise help in strengthening the spine and the lower back.
2. It helps in opening the energy centers of the upper body.
3. This exercise helps in improving the circulation in body.
Question 4-10 Complete the notes below in NO MORE THAN THREE words.
When performing weeping willow, one begins in a standing position, the (4)_____ are kept together, the legs are straight with the (5)________ facing inwards. It has to be made sure that a (6)____________ is maintained throughout. The abdominals are then contracted and one slowly lowers the (7)______ until a stretch in the hamstring is felt. The arms are wrapped around the calves and interlocking of (8)________ is done. The forehead is pressed to the knees and the (9)_____ are contracted again. The torso is raised back and the process is repeated after switching the (10)_________ at the bottom of the move.
Listen to the audio given and answer the questions 11 to 17
Choose the correct letter A, B or C
11. “all things bright and beautiful” was published in
12. Home fit for heroes was a scheme
A. To improve the conditions of houses
B. To build 500 houses
C. To build 5000 houses
13. People were able to claim payments according to National insurance act for the first time on
A. 15 January 1913
B. 15 January 1930
C. 20 January 1913
14. Under the national insurance act, the sick pay was claimable for
A. 20 weeks
B. 26 weeks
C. 15 weeks
15. The person supporting the idea of reform was
16. Choose the action taken by Lloyd
A. Increased debt duties
B. Lowered the income tax
C. Took of the tax on higher incomes.
17. The first ever survey done by Round tree on the provincial city was published in
Complete the sentences given below.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
18. Round tree was part of the family __________.
19. The country visited by Lloyd George was _________.
20. Pensions for age 70 or more were introduced in the year ____.
18. chocolate makers
Friends, undoubtedly play a very important role in an individuals life. Most of the times, a person is known by the company that he/she keeps. Keeping this in mind, IELTS speaking part I often consists of questions related to friends or friendship. Now, it is very rare that a person has no friends. However, it sometimes so happens that one does not thinks a lot about friendship in question/answer form.
To make you think that way and answer questions properly in IELTS Speaking section, here are some of the questions that can be asked in Part I.
How do you mostly connect with your friends?
Friends surely play a very important role in my life. Because of the double jobs that I have, I get less time for my friends, however, I make sure that whenever I have time I do meet them. I usually don’t like connecting on phones or internet, I prefer meeting in personal. So, whenever we have to meet, we usually go out travelling or to our favorite spots. There are few friends who are far away, so we stay connected through digital medium.
2. Are friends as important for you as family?
Friends do play a important role in my life. I,however, don’t compare the two relationships. They are both equally important for me.
3. Do you think friendship changes with time?
I think certain changes do take place in friendships with time, and I think that happens with every relationship. But, in the end it all depends on us. I do have some friends from the time I was a kid and there are some who are no more my friends whom I just met a year ago. So, for me I guess it all depends on the bond we share. Other things can always be taken care of.