You should spend 20 minutes on this task.
You have decided to leave your current employer. Write a letter to the employer telling why you are leaving the job. In your letter –
- explaining why you have decided to leave the company.
- tell your employer what you have decided to do after leaving the job.
You should write at least 150 words.
I am writing to inform you about my decision to leave the job of software engineer that I had been doing for your company.
It was really great working with you and the opportunities that you have provided me, I can’t stop being thankful for them. I still remember the first day I came to the office and it is only by looking back that I realize the ways in which you have improved me.
However, I have got selected for an internship in fox India as a travel journalist. This has been a dream assignment for me as writing is the place where my heart is and combined with travel, I couldn’t have asked for anything better.
Although there is my dream waiting for me, leaving the company that has helped me so much is very tough for me and I would miss the people here.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Most of the students interested in studying abroad, want to sound like a native speaker. Although, neither it is mandatory nor will you be given extra marks for it. Apart from it, there is this one thing you need to remember, it is not easy so you need to be patient with yourself. It will come eventually.
- Connect Words- When a native speaker speaks, they tend to connect some words and speak them together. For instance, if one word ends in consonant and the next word begins in the consonant, one simply drops the first consonant. Example- black coffee, in this a native speaker would rather say “blacoffee”. This is helpful in the listening section.
- Squeeze Words – When speaking words, native speakers tend to bend in the different syllables and pronounce them together. For example, comfortable is rather pronounced as comf ta bl.e.
- Squeeze Letters- This happens for some letter such as country, hundred, did you. The dr in hundred is spoken as jr.
So, go on listen to individual words, native speakers and go out do dictation.You can even listen to English songs or podcast by BBC, or other different audios in English to get a hang of it. Remember, the more you practice the better it will be.