When studying abroad, it is not much about the country or the university. Well, too an extent it is, but not entirely. What matters the most is the course. How good or effective the course is!! For today, let us have a look at some of the best courses one can do in New Zealand.
- Graduation Diploma in Information Technology – You will be learning Project management, systems analysis and design, information technology management, database administration, E-business strategies. Along with this, students will also acquire a sound knowledge of information technology environment. Fee – $18,900 NZD / Rs 8, 58,000 to $26440 NZD/ Rs 12,00,000
Intake – November / April / February / Jul. You are required to score an overall band 6 in IELTS and minimum 5.5 band in writing.
- Graduate Diploma in Information and Communications Technology – This course teaches you professional practice; special topics; software development endorsement including advanced programming, java mobile and web, advanced database, IT project management etc. Fee -for international students: $15,422 p.a/ Rs 7,00,000 to $22033/ Rs 10,00,000
Intake – Feb/ July.
- Graduate Diploma in Animation – You will be taught Computer Practical, Video and Sound Design, 3-D modeling, Maya I, Illustration, Typography in Motion, Animation, Maya II. Along with this, a student gains an advanced level of knowledge and skills in creative animation techniques, advanced knowledge of the principles and processes involved in generating animation and will be able to employ technical understanding in the relevant industry utilized software. Fee – $18,083 /Rs 8,21,000 to $24236/ Rs 11,00,000. Intake – July
- Post Graduate Diploma of Computer Graphic Design – This program involves self-directed research and assigned projects relating to each student’s selected area of specialization. One also grabs knowledge about graphic design and develop applied skills and expertise in their chosen area of specialization. Fee– for international students: $18,083/ Rs 8,21,000 to $24236/ Rs 11,00,000
Intake – Feb
- National Diploma in Science – This program is an excellent choice for Indian students who have completed their 12th in Science. Graduates of this course get to work with New Zealand’s leading scientists in the field of biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, immunology etc. Fee – for international students – NZD $16120 p.a/Rs 7,30,000 to $22033.46 NZD/ Rs 10,00,000
Intake – Feb & July
- Diploma In Technology – It is a two year specialized science program which equips students with the knowledge and skills required by today’s science community.Students may gain employment as Laboratory Technicians in areas such as medical science, analytical services, the dairy industry and conservation.
International student fee: $18,900 NZD / Rs 860,000 to $24236/ Rs 11,00,000
Intake – Feb
So, go on and find out the course that suits you well and helps in climbing up your career ladder.
If you are planning to study abroad and are confused on whether to choose New Zealand, break the confusion. New Zealand is fast becoming the preferred choice of study for international students and they have their reasons right.
Answer To Why Study In Abroad –
- Broad Opportunities – The eight institutions that make up the university system in New Zealand are located across North and South offering students a chance to pursue opportunities in study and culture. Although all the universities offer degrees in the arts, business, science, each college also has its own niche and distinct courses to offer.
- Great Learning Experience – The education system in New Zealand in research based, similar to British Education System. Since India also follows the British education system, Indian students feel more comfortable studying as it all seems quite familiar. The academic staff is expected to be researchers as well as teachers. This ensures a high quality learning experience.
- Less Competition – Unlike some other countries, getting admission in a New Zealand university is comparatively easier. Students with moderate grades can get entry to most Bachelor degree programs easily. Hence the entry requirements are minimal compared to most of the top universities in the world.
- Fantastic Destination – International students are welcomed warmly by the country, for the cultural diversity they bring and their contribution to the economy. Even more people of New Zealand love to travel and meet new people, making it lot more easier to gel with them.
- Affordable Cost- Most of the students drop the idea of studying abroad merely because the cost of studying abroad is higher as compared to their home country. Well, New Zealand solves this problem as New Zealand has comparatively low cost of living, food easily available at reasonable prices and a wide variety of student accommodation options. Even more, public transport is moderately priced offering easy access to all tourist places.
Japan says YES to IELTS
Slowly but surely IELTS finds its way into the Japan – more universities joined the list of many others already recognizing IELTS in the Japan.
Japan has opened its borders to IELTS. Organizations in Japan to recognize IELTS – surely others will follow and it’s just a matter of time. Approximate 20+ organizations and universities accepting IELTS. There is the list of some of them.
Carnegie Mellon University, Japan
Doshisha University, The Institute for the Liberal Arts
EIKEN Foundation of Japan
Fujitsu Asia Pacific Scholarship Program
International Christian University
International University of Japan
NIC International College in Japan
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
Ritsumeikan University (College of International Relations)
Saitama University, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Temple University – Japan
The University of Tokyo
Tokyo Institute of Technology
University of Tsukuba
Winchester Shoei College
Well, it might be that you have chosen Australia to do your undergraduate studies. But then, how are you going to get admission in the college? What is the procedure?
For admission in Australia, you are required to have the following documents –
- Academic Records
- English Proficiency
- Statement Of Purpose
Application Forms – To get admission in any college of Australia, you are required to send inquiries 12 months before the desired date of admission. You can get the application form using any of the following ways –
- Via email – Most universities have a form on their website which can be completed online to request application material.
- Download form – There are even universities which provide downloadable and ready to print versions of their application forms.
- University representative – Authorized representatives of Australian Universities in your country can also provide you with the form.
Once you have filled the application form, you need to consider the following things –
Academic Records –
You are required to submit the following for admission in the university –
Class X mark sheet
Class XII mark sheet
Class XI mark sheet is required if you are applying for a foundation course.
For most courses IELTS is accepted, however, TOEFL is also getting acceptance in Australian universities.
Although some universities may accept a letter from an institution, claiming that you are proficient in English. If you are from India, Pakistan or Bangladesh you are required to submit your IELTS/TOEFL score.
Statement Of Purpose
The personal essays, and/or statement of purpose, also play a very important role in the process of evaluating your application for both admission as well as financial aid because it gives the faculty assessing your application their most significant impression of you as an individual.
A personal statement includes the reason for choosing the course, your area of interest etc.