IELTS Letter Sample Questions # Part-Time Job
You should spend 20 minutes on this task.
You are going to another country for your education. While studying, you would like to do a part-time job while you are studying. For this, you need to ask a friend who lives there for some help. In your letter:
- give details of your study plans
- explain why you want to get a part-time job
- suggest how your friend could help you find a job.
Write at least 150 words.
- First tell about the preparations for your study. What all you have done, what is left and how are you going to move ahead.
- Tell him or her about the part time job that you are planning. What efforts have you put in and what are you expecting from him or her
Since the day I got selected in the Ottawa University for a four-month intermediate course on journalism, there has been so much on my plate. The course seems to be very exciting and I hope there will so much more to learn from it. However, my only concern is that the course is a bit expensive.
To assist in covering the costs of my study and other expenses, I am planning to take up a part-time job. There have been few jobs that I was searching for and have given my resumes there but I am not sure if they will accept.
I was wondering if you could ask among your friends or colleagues if someone is interested in giving a respectable job to a college student. I know you have a wide social network in Ottawa which you could canvas for me.
Looking forward to seeing you.