Task 1: Pie Chart FAQs for writing test
Many candidates write about every detail in a pie chart in a list format. This means that their sentence structure is very limited and they can’t get more than a Band 5.
Are pie chart questions more difficult than other Task 1 questions?
No, not really – they might appear more complicated visually because of the way they represent information and also because pie charts are normally in questions with more than 1 set of data, but they are no more difficult (or easy!) than other Task 1 questions.
Do I have to include all of the information in a pie chart?
No, you don’t. Pie charts often have categories such as ‘miscellaneous’ and ‘others’; you don’t have to include these areas in your answers because it’s not really clear what they refer to and they are normally included just to make up 100%.
IELTS Band7, 323, GMS Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001
Slowly but surely IELTS finds its way into the Hong Kong – more universities joined the list of many others already recognizing IELTS in the Hong Kong.
Hong Kong has opened its borders to IELTS. Organizations in Hong Kong to recognize IELTS – surely others will follow and it’s just a matter of time. Approximate 40+ organizations and universities accepting IELTS. There is the list of some of them.
– AOG Morrison College
– Aston Institute
– Canossa College
– CCC Chuen Yuen College
– CCC Rotary Secondary School
– Cheng Chek Chee Secondary School
– Cheung Chuk Shan College
– Cheung Sha Wan Catholic Secondary School
– Chung Chi College
– CNEC Lee I Yao Memorial Secondary School
– Delia Memorial School (Broadway)
– DMHC Siu Ming Catholic Secondary School
– Good Hope School (Primary Section)
– Heep Yunn School
– HKU School of Professional and Continuing Education
– Hoi Ping Chamber of Commerce Secondary School
– Holy Trinity College
– Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts
– Hong Kong Baptist Theological Seminary
– Hong Kong Baptist University
– Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority
– Hong Kong Institute of Education
– Hong Kong Polytechnic University
– Hong Kong Shue Yan
– Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
– Institute of International Education
– Kiangsu-Chekiang College (Kwai Chung)
– Kowloon Tong School
– Kowloon Tong School (Secondary Section)
– Lai Chi Kok Catholic Primary School
– Lasalle College
– Lingnan University
– Marymount Secondary School
– Middlesex University
– Moral Training English College
– Munsang College
– Our Lady of Rosary College
– Po Leung Kuk Ngan Po Ling College
– Po Leung Kuk Yao Ling Sun College
– Pui Ching Middle School
– Raimondi College
– Shaukeiwan Government Secondary School
– Shun Lee Catholic Secondary School
www.ieltsband7.com 084390 00086 , IELTS Band7, 323, GMS Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001
The IELTS test is a test of English accuracy. Although many people may be very conversant in daily life, the accuracy of their language often needs attention. In the IELTS test, a sentence with basic grammatical mistakes could be considered as example of inability by an examiner.
This is especially true in the speaking test where candidates often forfeit accuracy for quantity in a bid to impress the examiner. Although you should not worry unnecessarily about making sure your grammar is 100% perfect in every sentence you speak, awareness of basic mistakes people make will help you consider your choice of words.
084390 00086 , IELTS Band7, 323, GMS Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001