Non-native speakers when preparing to go abroad, first learn their language i.e English. While preparing we often think that they speak the way we learn the language. But the truth is although they speak the same thing, they are so used to speaking it, that they no longer sound like we, non-native speakers sound. This is usually because they tend to speak fast and it sometimes so happens that you are unable to understand what they are trying to say. Given below are some sentences and how native speakers tend to speak them.
UNDERSTANDING NATIVE SPEAKERS
So once who have prepared for your exam or may in between, try to learn how native speakers speak. This may not help you in exam but surely will help in your stay. Remember, this is a life time opportunity for you, make sure you get the best out of it.
Are you planning to study abroad? Does the universities you want to apply requires a letter of recommendation? Well, most universities in abroad do require a letter of recommendation.
- What is it?
- A letter of recommendation is an independent opinion about your potentials and your personality.
- Who can write it?
- When asking people to write a letter of recommendation, always ask people who know you. those people who are aware of your potential and your future plans to some extent. They could be your teachers or your employeers.
- Who cannot write it?
- A letter of recommendation from your family or friends is something you cannot do.
- Does the stand of people writing it matter?
- Yes it does. Obviously a letter of recommendation from the prime minister is always going to weighed more than that written by your teacher. But the point is don’t run after the position. Althouh position does matter, make sure the letter is written by someone who knows you.
Yes. A letter of recommendation is important. Make sure to inform the people who will write for you at least 6 to 8 weeks prior to the submission. Also make sure you tell them what you are planning to do in terms of the course you have taken and the university you are applying to. This is important because only then will they be able to incorporate it in the letter. Most universities require three letters of recommendation.
Choose wisely, in the end what happens to you, depends on the decisions you take.
IELTS Dehradun address:
IELTS Band7, 323, GMS Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001
Call Now-: 08439000086, 08439000087
It takes a lot of hard work, lot of listening to your heart before you become a tall poppy. What am I talking about? Keep reading, Keep learning and figure out what am I talking?
- Talk a good game
Meaning-: talk convincingly but fail to act effectively.
Sentence-: the political parties know how to talk a good game.
A tall order
- Meaning-: something that is difficult to accomplish
Sentence-: landing on moon must have looked like a tall order until Neil Armstrong did it.
- A tall poppy
Sentence-: Barack Obama is a tall poppy worldwide
Meaning-: a privileged or distinguished person
Blessing In Disguise
Sentence-:Not being able to do a Khan film, turned out to be a blessing in disguise for Kangana Ranaut.
Meaning-: something good that was not recognized earlier
Cannot judge a book by its cover
Sentence-:If you judge a book by its cover you lose a lot on its content.
Meaning-: You cannot judge a person by his/her physical appearance.
Caught between two stools
Sentence-:It is really tough to move on if you are caught between two stools.
Meaning-: to find it difficult to choose between two alternatives
Cross That Bridge when you come to it
Sentence-: Sometimes it is good to cross the bridge when you come to it. but usually it is preferred that you avoid it first hand.
Meaning-: deal with a problem when it becomes necessary
Cry Over Split Milk
Sentence-: You cannot always cry over the split milk, sometimes you need to just move on.
Meaning-: to cry over a loss from the past
- In tandem
Sentence-: being in tandem while exiting often reduces the chances of a stampede
Meaning-: one behind another
- A tangled web
Sentence-: running after money will always lead you to a tangled web of problems.
Meaning-: a complex, difficult and confusing situation or thing.
Go fellas, follow your dreams before you are caught in a tangled web.
If English is a second language to you, you may feel anxious, especially when the person you are talking to is a native speaker. How to remove this anxiety? But what is anxiety? The feelings that you get when your heart starts beating faster or you start to shake. You may feel nervous. This is anxiety. So, what should you do to get rid of this? Well, you can always follow the tips given below, but remember; just knowing what you should do is not enough. You need to actually inculcate them in your daily life to fight anxiety.
- Breathe-: Take a deep breath whenever you feel anxious. There are times when you are surrounded by people and you won’t like to do it. But, even in those times, try taking deep breathe; just make sure they don’t see you doing this. The heart that is beating fast calms down when you breathe. So, breathe when you feel anxious.
Walk-: Whenever you feel anxious, may be before a presentation or a meeting, take small walk. May be around your room. It can actually calm you down. By walking I don’t mean that you need to take hours of walk just to improve your speaking.
- Automate Language-: You must have heard the old adage,” practice makes perfect”. Automate language means exactly that. When you practice something again and again, your brain starts doing it automatically for you. So, practice English. Practice the expressions, practice more till you start doing it automatically.
- You need not to be perfect-: When you hear a native speaker, some of you may say wow, they speak so well. But the fact is they make a lot of mistakes. Mistakes in terms of grammar or vocabulary. No one is there to judge you harshly. It is okay to make mistakes as long as you are ready to rectify them or learn from them. Remember, you cannot be perfect on day 1.
- Mantras-: Mantras are the words you say to yourself. For example, you could have a mantra like;” I am a good speaker”. So whenever you make mistake, say it to yourself. Repeat it again. Language is a powerful tool. You become what you say to yourself, because after all that is what you think. Speak positive to you, even in the times of negativity. Speak positive. Keep the flame of hope burning.
Anxiety is just a problem, and like all other problems it also has a solution. Solve it and live your dream.