Working is one thing. Living life is another. If you want to work hard and live life all at once, come to Singapore and live life in Singapore.
- No Discrimination
- Singapore is one of those countries which takes racism seriously. There is a strong racial and religious harmony in Singapore. People of Singapore are honest, highly disciplined and extremely hard-working. In Singapore, there is respect for seniority, authority and social norms. The lifestyle in Singapore is multi-cultural with ethnic communities Chinese, Malays and Indians maintaining their unique lifestyle and living harmoniously.
- Highest Level Of Health And Sanitation
- Singapore being one of the cleanest cities is renowned for its highest levels of health care infrastructures, health-care industry, doctors and specialist, and nutrition. There are strong laws against littering in Singapore. Students abroad will find hygiene and cleanliness imbibed in its system, with a fine even for falling to flush a toilet after use. Singaporean government encourages a healthy life style and diet and people are engaged in a lot of physical activities.
- Singapore has one of the greatest street foods in the world. Studying becomes lot more fun with the great recreation activities going on in Singapore. The food culture attracts the foodies in this vibrant place. Movies, music concerts, art festivals and lot more happens in Singapore frequently.
People in Singapore know how to live life. They work hard and then party hard.
The world is on Internet and so is USA. Once you start indulging in the college life, you will understand that practically everyone is on Internet, emails are the most common and cheap way of communicating, and mostly people prefer using it. Internet is something that will be made available to you, once you enter the college.
Now here is the trick. Although you need to be present on Internet, it does not mean you need to be present only there. you have gone to USA to study and to socialize, to know there culture. Meet new people, understand how things happen around.
Socialization is the most important thing about study abroad. You meet new people, some of them, don’t turn out to be your type, with other you feel as if in home, but then you understand the difference between acquaintances and friends. You learn how to live with different personalities. Schools and colleges at America focus a lot on socialization. They want people to interact with each other, share ideas, create things and enjoy. Most importantly they make sure you develop the “people skills”.
So, yes, there are lot many things to do in USA, you could interact with people using Internet as well. but then remember, this is something you can even do while studying in your home town. Internet is omnipresent these days. When you really are present there, make sure to make real life conversations more, and yet don’t get out of Internet completely. Balance is the key.
The most important thing that a country provides you is safety. We always feel safe at our home or our home country. Study abroad could be a challenge for many because safety in abroad is your responsibility. Your parents won’t be there to feed you or tell you what to do and what not to. Although this is a challenge, abroad study actually helps you with this experience. Once you are done with facing the challenge you become better version of you.
But still, how to ensure safety in a foreign land?
Well there could be many for an individual but some of the most general tips to ensure safety are-:
Learn the emergency contact numbers of the country you will be living. You could even save it on your phone. But it is better you learn them.
Health is important. Make sure before you leave for the country, visit a travel clinic, 2-3 months before you leave.
There are things you are never certain of. Have a emergency evacuation insurance done. So that if there is a war or a calamity in the country and you need to evacuate, you are saved from the financial losses.
Danger is everywhere. you can never be sure of your safety. But make sure to make attempts, such that if the danger arrives you are prepared to deal with it.
The best way to know a country is to know the importance of dates in that country. So, anyone of you who want to know USA more closely, given below are some of the
important dates to remember while living in USA
- 1 January
- New Year’ Day
Go on welcome the day with parties starting from 31st December. Meet your friends, go out with them, enjoy.
- 3rd Monday In January
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Commemorate the birthday of the African-American civil rights leader, who won the nobel prize, Martin Luther King
- 14 February
Celebrate love and romance. Exchange gifts and cards, go out and enjoy the day.
- 3rd Monday Of February
- President’s Day
On this day, honor the past presidents of America like Abraham Lincoln.
- 17th March
- Saint Patrick’s Day
You can find parades and parties decorated In irish green to celebrate the patron saint of Ireland.
- 1 April
- April Fool’s Day
Laugh out loud on this day. Play a clever although harmless trick, make people laugh and laugh with others.
- Last Monday Of May
- Memorial Day
On this day, remember with Americans, the men and women who died while serving in the U.S Armed forces.
- 4th July
View fireworks and enjoy with Americans their freedom. The day when 13 American states marked their freedom from Britain in 1776.
- 1st Monday in September
- Labor day
On this day honor the efforts and the contributions of the hard workers that make our life easier, by working throughout the day,
- 2nd Monday in October
- Columbus Day
On this day, pay tribute to Christopher Columbus who is traditionally thought of as the discoverer of America.
- Last Thursday in November
- Thanksgiving Day
It was on this day that the pilgrims( first settlers of the thirteen colonies) and the native Americans shared dinner. As you celebrate the day, feast on the traditional meal and enjoy the day.
- 25 December
- Christmas Day
On this make a wish to Santa, celebrate the birth of Christ, leader of the Christian faith. Enjoy the day with friends and family, exchange gifts, laugh and have fun.
Enjoy the days, enjoy the moments, this is your life, live it like there is no tomorrow.