Learn Email Expressions
Email has become one of the most commonly used way of communicating in the formal world. And in this era of emailing, it is very important that you email well. Not in a way, that you send good stuff, but is very important that you send good work in a formal way. Given below are some of the email expressions that are used in formal email writing.
1. Please find attached-: Attachment is an added computer file. It could be an image or a document or anything. So, if you are sending something extra use the expression. For example-: Please find attached my resume/photos.
2. I’ve forwarded ________to you
I am forwarding ___you.
Forward is a resend email i.e. for example, someone sent you an email and you really find it worthwhile. So, you send it to someone else. Use this expression, in this case.
3. I’ve cc’d/cc’ed/copied ____ on this email.
Sometimes, may be you written an email and you want to get it checked. I have cc’d umar on this email. When you cc someone, it means that email is not intended for them. You are adding them to keep them in the loop. You want them to know what is going on.
4. If you have any question, please don’t hesitate to contact me-: It is a good way to end an email.
5. I look forward to hearing/meeting from you. You can even say I look forward to your reply.
6. Ways to sign off-: Regards/ kind regards/ warm wishes/ yours truly. These are some of the ways you can end your email, although there are many others as well.
Practice the above expressions. Write your email well and remember, sometimes your career depends on how well you send an email.