IELTS Reading Test #Tips to Crack IELTS
IELTS Reading is the second section in the IELTS exam and consists of reading comprehension from which one needs to answers related to it!
- Look out for the title, headings and any special features such as capital letters, underlining, italics, figures, graphs and tables.
- Make sure that you understand the questions and follow instructions carefully.
- Pay attention to timing; do not spend too long on one passage or question.
- Do not try and read every word; remember, you are reading for a purpose which is answering the question. No one is going to judge you on how much you know the passage but on whether you can answer all those questions!
- If you do not know the answer to a question, attempt it but do not waste time; move quickly onto the next one.
- Do not panic if you do not know anything about the subject of the text; all the answers can be found in the text.
- The word(s) you use must be taken from the Reading text; you must not change the form of the word(s) in the text.
- Do not worry if there is a word that you do not understand – you may not need to use it.
- Check your spelling. Yes, this is important, because you might have answered it correctly, understood the question well, but if the spelling is wrong, everything can go wrong!!
- Be careful to use singular and plural correctly.
- Focus precisely on what you are asked to do in ‘completion’ type questions.
- Check your answers. Well, if you are serious about IELTS, make sure that you revise your answers and cross check for their validity!!
Feel free to call for suggestions and queries.
IELTS Band 7 Dehradun
Near Ballupur Chowk, Dehradun
email: info at ieltsband7.com