IELTS Listening Sample Questions # Sleepiness
There are so many times we do get bored by the dull, mundane life going around us. It could be either during a meeting, work, classes or for that matter while travelling. Some people get sleepy because of the lack of sleep they get, while others tend to get sleepy by the kind of activity they are involved in. This time we are going to listen to a BBC podcast that revolves around sleepiness.
The audio has been taken from BBC 6 minutes English.
Answer the following questions in NO MORE THAN FOUR WORDS.
- Which biological reason is responsible for our sleepiness and alertness?
- What does the word circadian mean?
- Which synonym does the speaker uses for synchronize?
- What is the disruption caused to the circadian rhythms by high-speed travelling called?
- Which word does speaker uses for internal?
- Which word defines the back and forth movement of something?
- What is the normal range for the ticking o the endogenous clock in humans?
- What is the work outside the traditional 9 to 5 called?
- Which word does the speaker uses to refer to adjust?
- Which word does the speaker uses for short sleeps?
- Circadian rhythms
- around a day
- jet lag
- 23.8 to 24.8 hours
- shift work