Surf and turf is a kind of food which contains both seafood and meat, typically shellfish and steak. It also refers to the habit of shopping where a person puts things into the basket but never buys them in real life. This time we are listening to the BBC 6 minutes English where the speaker talks about surf and turf.
Listen to the audio below and answer the following questions –
- Which term is used for looking at things on the internet?
- In online shopping, which place is it, where we pay for shopping?
- What is the phrasal verb for “throwing something out”?
- According to a recent research, which items are most likely to be surfed and turfed?
- What are the businesses that sell things called?
- Which term is used for something that is too old or no longer suitable?
- Which expression is used for online shopping without having to shop in reality?
- women’s knitwear
- fall foul
- surf and turf