IELTS is not an exam that just checks your English writing skills, it has so much more to do with your passion, the want to do something. Well, doing more requires giving more! So, do you want to increase your band and study in the world’s best university? Who does not wants that? We all want a 7+ band in IELTS and get to live our dreams!! But, having a dream and accomplishing it are two different stories all together!
The main problem however is, how can someone with English not as their mother tongue get it? Although, there are many things that you can do or be, what is more important is not what you do some days, but what you do consistently! Each day. So, for all of that, there are four simple things that you can do and achieve high band in IELTS.
1. Do one English activity everyday. Be it, watching an English film, or listening to an English song, or have a conversation in English or read something in English. Anything that ticks you.
2. Don’t be afraid of making mistakes. Make mistakes, learn the crap out of them. Just learn why you made it and what is the best answer to it.
3. Join some online English community. For e.g. gap fillers
4. It is not about how much you practice today, but how much you do everyday. So, do little but do often.
Remember, consistency plays a very important role in success. I don’t care about what you do this day or that do, I am bothered about what you do everyday. Because that is the one thing that will affect your life.
The topic of an essay can be one of 3 possible types:
a description of an opinion,
an argument or
a social problem.
Any essay you write on any topic must have structure – you can receive (or lose :() points for it. Structure means having at least 4 paragraphs (5 is better). The first paragraph is introductory, the next two or three are the actual essay body, and the last one is the conclusion.
The first thing to do is to understand what kind of topic is before you.
•for an argument – you need to explain both sides and agree with one of them
•for an opinion – you need to present another point of view and say which one you agree with and why
•for a problem – you need to explain it, discuss and offer a solution and discuss it too.
Here are some Essay For IELTS
Report Bad News
Importance of Fashion
Freedom Of Speech
08439000086, 08439000087, 07055710002, 07055710003
IELTS Band 7 Dehradun
323,GMS Road, Above Axis Bank,
Near Ballupur Chowk, Dehradun , India – 248001
Slowly but surely IELTS finds its way into the Jamaica when Jamaica says YES to IELTS. More universities joined the list of many others already recognizing IELTS in the Jamaica.
Jamaica has opened its borders to IELTS. Organizations in Jamaica to recognize IELTS – surely others will follow and it’s just a matter of time. Approximate 2+ organizations and universities accepting IELTS. There is the list of some of them.
– Jamaica Theological Seminary
– University of the West Indies
www.ieltsband7.com 08439000086 , IELTSBand7, 323, GMS Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001
IELTS Practice Puzzles, Below are some extremely common mistakes made in Writing Task 2 essays. Can you correct them?
1. In the past time
2. In the present time
3. Due to globalization, we have western products in my country.
4. There are many problems in the social
5. The traffic is very jam
1. In the ‘past’.
2. Translation – should be: ‘at present’.
3. ‘Due to’ should not go at the beginning of a sentence – should be: ‘We have western products in my country, due to globalization’.
4. ‘Social’ is an adjective – should be: ‘society’ (n).
5. ‘Jam’ or ‘traffic jam’ are nouns – here you need an adjective to describe the traffic, so it should be: ‘The traffic is very jammed’. However, that is not natural usage – probably better to say ‘The traffic is very bad’.
www.ieltsband7.com 084390 00086 , IELTS Band7, 323, GMS Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001