Don’t Be A Waste Of Space # Idioms For IELTS
If you have got the life, try hard to not be a waste of space. Go on, read more and learn some of the most interesting idioms.
- WASTE OF SPACE
- SENTENCE-: sometimes the people we consider waste of space are the ones who are the most talented.
MEANING-: someone perceived as useless or incompetent.
- WATCH THE TIME
- SENTENCE-: watch the time while playing, you surely don’t want to be late, right?
MEANING-: ensure that you are aware of the time
- WATCH THE WORLD GO BY
- SENTENCE-: stop watching the world go by and start doing something for yourself.
MEANING-: spend time observing other people going about their business
- WATCH YOUR BACK
- SENTENCE-: Watch your back, you are now the candidate of A party.
MEANING-: protect yourself against danger, usually from someone unexpected off.
- THE WATCHES OF NIGHT
- SENTENCE-: The watches of night have become quite disastrous for me these days, because of the murder I saw that day.
MEANING-: the time of the night when you cannot sleep.
- LIKE WATER
- SENTENCE-: Indian people spend money in marriages like water.
MEANING-: in great quantities
- OF THE FIRST WATER
- SENTENCE-: Milkha Singh is of the first water.
MEANING-: extreme or unsurpassed kind
- WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE
- SENTENCE-: Stop focusing on the water under the bridge, there are other matters that need your attention.
MEANING-: used to refer to situations or events that happened in past and are no longer of any importance.
- MAKE WAVES
- SENTENCE-: Narendra Modi has surely made waves in the past one year.
MEANING-: create a significant impression
- WAX AND WANE
- SENTENCE-: The economic condition of our country has undergone many wax and wanes before settling to something this constant.
MEANING-: undergo alternate ups and downs
Wondering why should you learn idioms? CLICK HERE