Be A Dab Hand # Idioms For IELTS
Do you think you are a dab hand at English? Dab hand at what? Well, if you know what I mean, good. If not, don’t worry and find out what it means!
- BE A DAB HAND AT
- SENTENCE-: Kangana is a dab hand at acting.
MEANING-:be an expert at
- A FACT OF LIFE
- SENTENCE-:You are going to die in the end, and this is a fact of life.
MEANING-: something that cannot be changed and must be accepted
- NOT DO THINGS BY HALF
- SENTENCE-: If you really want to succeed in life, don’t do things by half.
MEANING-: do things thoroughly or extravagantly
- MAKE A VIRGINIA FENCE
- SENTENCE-: He walks as if he is making a Virginia fence.
MEANING-: to walk crookedly because you are drunk
- HAVE WHAT IT TAKES
- SENTENCE-: Steve Jobs had what it takes.
MEANING-: have the necessary qualities that are required to be successful.
- BEAT THE DRUM FOR
- SENTENCE-: He is beating the drum for empowering women.
MEANING-: be in support of something
- NOT TO BE SNEEZED AT
- SENTENCE-: Get out of your ego, she is not someone to be sneezed at.
MEANING-: worth taking into account before rejecting
- OUT OF THE CLOSET
- SENTENCE-: It feels so good to be out of the closet.
MEANING-: out in the open
- BRING YOUR PIGS TO MARKET
- SENTENCE-: You are 22 now, I guess it is time that you bring your pigs to market.
MEANING-: succeed in realizing your potential
- GIVE YOUR EYE TEETH FOR
- SENTENCE-: You need to give your eye teeth for getting admissions in Harvard University.
MEANING-: go to any extent to achieve something