Checklist To Get Band 9
If you are preparing to get a band 9 in IELTS, remember two things, first, it is tough. Second, if you had the guts to prepare for band 9, you surely deserve it.
If you really want a band 9 in your writing section, be sure that you check the following things in your essay.
- LOGICAL PATTERN
- Find out if your essay follows a logical pattern? To ensure a logical pattern prepare a rough draft of the essay before you start writing the essay.
- You get 2.25 marks for grammar. Keep this is mind. Make sure that you use different grammatical styles and also that your sentences are grammatically correct.
- INTRODUCTION MUST BE RELEVANT
- While writing the introduction make sure that you have used three high quality words. Also ensure that you stated your opinion in the introduction, correlated with the statement.
- CONCLUSION MUST BE SPECIFIC
Observe that you have mentioned the reasons for your opinion and state the main reason behind your opinion in the paragraph.
Make it a point to paraphrase your introduction sentence in the conclusion to mark a positive end.
Remember, the band 8 and band 9 writes the same essay, it is only the minute yet distinguishing difference that makes you band 9.