How To Answer # Speaking Section
IELTS speaking is actually an interview wherein questions asked will be those that are related to you or you can say the ones whose answers shape up your life. For today, let’s look at how to answer speaking section.
“the saddest/happiest” moment of my life
This is the main topic. Now questions related to this main event or the main topic will be asked. Questions as in-:
How did it changed your life?
How did you cope with it?(in case of saddest)
Who did you shared it with?(in case of happiness)
How to answer?
The questions asked are easy, you may even wonder what is the trick in answering, after all you know the answers of them. The trick is how you answer it. So remember the following while answering in the IELTS speaking test-:
- Make sure your answer is organized. If you start talking about something, make sure you complete talking about it before you move towards something else.
- Don’t repeat words. Make use of your vocabulary. Remember the better the vocabulary the better your score.
- Make sure you sound grammatically correct.
- Keep control of yourself. Such a question could get quite emotional for many. but remember you won’t be getting marks on how emotional you got while answering. Remember, it could be the most emotional moment of your life but you have to keep in check of your emotions while answering.
- Don’t straight away begin by saying, the happiest/saddest moment of my life is this and that. make a plot before you begin. You can say, everyone has their happiest/saddest moment in their lives. Mine was when this and this.
Remember, presentation matters, so present well, use good vocabulary or may be some idioms, and increase your band.