IELTS Listening Sample Questions # Clock
Time and tide wait for none. However, in this century, people have become obsessed with time to an extent that most people do everything at the correct time. We can see clocks in our phone, computers, bus stands and almost everywhere. Although some people believe that it is important to be on time and respect time, there are others of the opinion that one must function according to their internal clocks. This time, we are listening to a BBC podcast on time.
Listen to the audio below and answer questions in NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS –
- What is the most common noun in the English language according to Oxford Dictionary?
- What was the word clock originally referred to as?
- Which word describes the stick that swings regularly from side to side?
- What is the round part of the clock called?
- Which word can be used for something that is accurate?
- Which phrase is used for limiting yourself from doing things that in turn can be damaging?
- What is the silent instrument that does not have bell called?