IELTS Listening Sample Questions # The Talk
We all as humans communicate and express our emotions. There are, however, different ways in which we humans express our emotions. Some people prefer having a quiet talk where they politely talk about their problems or their happy moments. There are then few others who prefer yelling or shouting before they actually tell the things bothering them. Each group of people can have different perspectives on the other one. This time we are going to listen to a BBC learning 6 minute English audio on the different ways people interact.
Listen to the audio below and answer the following questions in NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS–
- Which phrase is said to someone you have argued with but still would like to be their friends?
- In which country does shaking your hand means yes?
- Which term means that you have done something embarrassing in a social situation?
- What phrase means that you have made someone angry or upset?
- What does waving arms to express your feeling called?
- If a person shows what he feels or thinks, what do we call him or her?
- no hard feelings
- faux pas
- to offend