IELTS Essay Sample Questions # People After Prison
You should spend 40 minutes on this tast.
Some people believe that people who have been in prison become good citizens later. It is often argued that these people are the best to guide teenagers about committing a crime.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
This is a question for the IELTS academic writing section. Before you start writing the answer for the IELTS, the first thing that needs to be done is pin down the points which are going to help you form the sentences for the essays. Make sure you figure out early the flow of your essay, the kind of words you will be using and then move ahead with the essay part.
- People in prison understand their mistakes and more importantly the circumstances in which they made them. This helps in understanding the other person who might be on the same path.
- There is no one better than them who understands the consequences of the things that a wrong move can take.
- People after having lived in prison can explain better how to live a life not falling into the loopholes that one might just get into.
- There is no guarantee that a person who has been in jail for a certain act might not do another. There are people who do revolutionize but then there are even others who still hold by the fact of a prisoners life.
- It is not necessary that a person who is living in prison could actually bring about change in the way people think about crime.
Once the points have been written you need to make sure what your point of view is going to be. What is the exact thing that you feel about the topic. Make sure that you give certain examples for the topic and when you are sure of it, go ahead and do it. There are even people who spend around 15 minutes on figuring out what to say and when that is done, bring out the best in the remaining time. There is although, no such time limit on how much you should spend on figuring out what needs to be written but make sure that when you start writing the final essay you have already made a draft about what you are going to write down.
Prisoners are the people who have experienced the tough consequences certain actions can lead to. Some people argue that these people know the best and could help teenagers from not taking any dramatic step in their lives. In my opinion, if a person has truly evolved after spending life in prison, surely they can have a great impact on other people lives.
Teenage years are the ones in which a person is susceptible to lot of things and with an increased crime rate committed by teenagers, there are several reasons for criminals to help individuals. Firstly, a person who has been in the prison can explain in a better and deeper way the consequences one could have to face for wrong actions. They have examples and more importantly, they understand the other individual better as at some point, they can inter relate. Secondly, it is easier for them to judge the other person. So a prisoner can very easily predict the kind of trouble a teenager is having and under what circumstances can he or she take any drastic step.
However, it is not necessary that a person who has been in jail understands the consequences. It is very likely to be possible that the person has no regrets going to jail. If someone like him or her, counsels a teenagers the outcome could be more devastating than expected. Even more, it is not obvious that a person who has been in jail can influence people to be better.
In conclusion, a person who has faced the consequences of his or her actions can surely bring out change in the lives of others but it is not a compulsion. The most important thing is how well the people receive him or her and how well the person has evolved after the tenure in jail. (304 Words)