Essay Types in IELTS
Essays in IELTS are of different types. There is no such thing as same essay type but different question. The five main types of essays usually asked in IELTS are-:
- OPINION ESSAY QUESTIONS
- This kind of an essay requires your opinion on a topic which must be stated clearly in your essay. It has to be made sure that your opinion is backed by examples/reasons. Also remember, to write the opposing view point in another paragraph and point out why it is ineffective.
- DISCUSSION ESSAY
- The essay includes the issues that are present in our surroundings, generally ones that are debatable and open to argument. You are expected to provide the points for both the sides. You are marked on how well you can express the opinion for both the sides i.e. how vast your knowledge is. In the end, you are required to put out your opinion as well.
- SOLUTION ESSAY
- In this type of essay, you are required to discuss the problem regarding a particular topic and then provide a solution to it. The better the solution, the better your score.
- DIRECT ESSAY
- These are also known as two question essays. Herein you will be given an essay topic and two questions regarding to it are asked. You need to answer both of them.
- ADVANTAGES / DISADVANTAGES ESSAY
- These essay types require you to give the advantages and the disadvantages of a particular topic. It is important for you to write both the advantages and disadvantages.
It is good to practice, but make sure you practice smartly.
To know more and Practice smart at IELTSBAND7