letter writing tips
Few letter writing tips :
1. Identify the type of letter you are being asked to write..
2. Open and close the letter correctly.
3. Open a formal and semi-formal letter with a formal sentence.
4. Open an informal letter with a general, friendly paragraph.
5. Identify the main purpose of the letter.
6. Learn and use standard written phrases..
7. Make sure you write at least 150 words. .
8. Learn the correct spelling of commonly used words. .
9. Stay on topic. .
10. Include all three bulletined points.
www.ieltsband7.com 084390 00086 , IELTS Band7, 323, GMS Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001
Letter writing in IELTS is asked in both academic and general IELTS section. The answer given below is at par with the IELTS General Section!
You should spend 20 minutes on this task.
You have decided to leave your current employer. Write a letter to the employer telling why you are leaving the job. In your letter –
- explain why you have decided to leave the company.
- tell your employer what you have decided to do after leaving the job.
You should write at least 150 words.
I am writing in regards to my decision to leave the job as the software engineer with your company.
It was really great working with you and the opportunities that you have provided me, I can’t stop being grateful for them. The first day of office still flashes back and it is only by looking back I realize the amazing connection, moments and time that I had here.
However, I have got selected for an internship in Fox India as a travel journalist. This has been a dream assignment for me as writing is the place where my heart is and combined with travel, I couldn’t have asked for anything better.
Although there is my dream waiting for me, leaving the company that has helped me grow both professionally and personally is very tough for me and I would miss the people here.
Please accept this letter as notification that I am leaving my position on September 15.