IELTS Listening Sample Question # Disappearing Words
The audio given below has been taken from BBC 6 minutes English. You can download it, from the given link –
Answer the following questions in NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS
- Some of the oldest sounding English words date back to how many years?
- What is the gradual process of change and development over a long period of time called?
- Which numerical words are told by the scientist as being very old?
- Which is the oldest pronoun in English?
- When a person tells what might happen in future as per the knowledge he/she has, what is he/she doing?
- Which phrasal verb has the same meaning as to die out?
- Which word does the scientist predicts to get lost in the near future?
- The word that describes how often something happens is ______________.
- Which phrase best explains the language that we use most frequently?
- Which word means that you will continue to use it or keep it?
- Towards the end, which two words are predicted to get extinct?
- two, three, five
- to become extinct
- common everyday speech
- squeeze and guts