Writing task 1: single line graph
You will be given a graph with a single line. Your task is to write a 150 word report to describe the information given in the graph. You are not asked to give your opinion. You should spend around twenty minutes on the task. Task one is not worth as many marks as task two and so you should make sure that you keep within the recommended twenty minute time frame.
What is being tested is your ability to:
• objectively describe the information given to you
• report on a topic without the use of opinion
• use suitable language to describe the graph
IELTS BAND 7
WHO ARE WE?
The IELTS Writing Component :
The IELTS writing test takes one hour. In this time you are required to complete two tasks.
TASK ONE is a report based on some graphic information provided on the question paper. With few exceptions, the graphic information will come in one of five forms – a line graph, bar graph, pie chart, table or diagram illustrating a process. You are required to describe the information or the process in a report of 150 words. This task should be completed in 20 minutes. It is important that you are familiar with the language appropriate to report writing generally and to each of the five types of report.
TASK TWO is an essay based on a topic given on the question paper. You should write at least 250 words in 40 minutes. It is important that you keep within the advised time limits as Task Two carries more weight in your final band score than Task One. Remember that illegible handwriting will reduce your final score.
IELTS BAND 7
WHO ARE WE?
Ten easy writing tips for IELTS EXAM-:
1. Read the question carefully – answer the question
2. Don’t start writing too soon – think and plan!
3. Write enough words
4. Don’t write too many words
5. Don’t copy whole sections of the question
6. Time is your enemy – have a plan and a watch
7. Complete task 2 (the essay) before task 1 (the report)
8. Check your writing for any kind of grammatical errors you make and make sure you make a check list of the common errors you make
before you go for the exam
9. Think about range of vocabulary
10. Think about the examiner – use paragraphs well
084390 00086 , IELTS Band7, Above Axis Bank, 323, GMS Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001
In IELTS Writing Test you are not marked on a whole essay. There are different sections of the write up in which you are marked on.
The key points on which students should concentrate for IELTS writing test.
#IELTS Writing marking schemes:
The two writing questions are marked out of 9 according to the following criteria:
2.Coherence and Cohesion
4.Grammatical Range and Accuracy
084390 00086 , IELTS Band7, 323, GMS Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001