Fathers are the most important individual in our lives! They are the ones that teach us so many things, stand by us in our hardest of our times and help us to grow in the best possible way! This time we are looking at the IELTS listening sample question that talks about Fathers. The audio has been taken from BBC 6 minutes English. Listen to the audio below and answer the following questions in NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS –
- According to recent research in the UK, what percentage of men are present when their children are born?
- Who is the author of the book “The Life of Dad”?
- How many reasons are mentioned by Anna Machin for men to become fathers?
- Which term is used when you have to tell that someone is not very enthusiastic about something?
- Which phrase is used to say that you are doing something even when you are not interested in doing it?
- What term does the speaker uses to refer to the fact that you agree that something is true even if you are perhaps ashamed of it or do not want to do it?
- Which term is used for a father whose main communication with their children is to give them strict rules or to punish them?
- What term is used for fathers who are involved with their children and share bringing up their children with their parents?
- Anna Machin
- not keen
- going along with