The audio has been taken from BBC 6 minutes English. The audio talks about doors. You can download the audio from the given link –
Answer the following questions in NO MORE THAN FOUR WORDS.
- What is a one bed flat called?
- Which phase is used to refer to the fact that someone is listening carefully?
- The speaker uses a term to describe meeting somebody by chance. What is it?
- The speaker uses a term to refer to an area shared by lot of people. Which is that area?
- The speaker uses a word for the luxurious foyer. What term is it?
- What is a foyer?
- The speaker uses a term for the narrow passage between buildings. This term is called ?
- What is something fashionable and expensive designed to impress people called?
- The speaker uses a synonym for tinted glass? What is it?
- What is the synonym of separation?
- The speaker uses a word to describe the fact that you accept something annoying without complaining about it. What word is it?
- What is the amount of money that one pays to the owner of an apartment for things like putting out of rubbish called?
- I’m all ears
- Bump into
- communal area
- entrance hall
- colored glass
- put up with something
- service charge
The audio has been taken from BBC 6 minutes English.
You can even download the audio from the given link –
Answer the following questions in NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS
- How much has the average temperature of the Earth’s surface increased in the last hundred years?
- Which country is collecting cow emissions to convert it into a usable energy?
- How long can a car run on the energy provided by the cow emission?
- Which word is used as the synonym of pledged?
- What are the plants which remove salt from sea water to produce drinking water called?
- What is the phrase used for something that has been prepared locally?
- Which word is used to refer to the fact that something has the good value for the money you pay?
- What is the organization of complex activity called?
- 24 hours
- desalination plants
- home grown
- cost efficient
April Fool’s Day
The audio given below has been taken from BBC 6 minutes English. You can download it, from the given link –
Answer the following questions in NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS.
- In UK, on April Fool’s Day, until what time are people allowed to play joke on others?
- What are the kind of jokes in which one plays a trick on someone to make them look silly?
- What is the meaning of hoax?
- Which word describes the situation when the media people play a joke on its audience?
- Which word describes the story that is not true?
- Which phrasal verb is used to tell that often people accept things which are not even true?
- Kate uses a word to describe people who can easily be persuaded. What is it?
- Which newspaper ran the story about the spaghetti tree?
- What is a person who plans tricks on other people called?
- In which year did BBC played the prank of radio smelling on people?
- Practical Jokes
- Practical Jokes
- Media hoax
- spoof story
- taken in by
More than 90% of the world income is just with the ten percent of the rich people. These are the people who shape the world. This time we are looking at what these rich people do to pass their time.
Listen to the audio below and answer the following questions in NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS.
- What is the total worth of the super rich people?
- What are things that we can own and sell called?
- In which country is the percentage of super rich expected to grow fastest over the next 10 years?
- By what percent, do we expect the increase in the number of super rich people?
- What is the ultimate status symbol for the super rich people?
- Which phrase means that something is good for the business?
- Which asset does the speaker describes as a black hole for wealth?
- What term is used for a place where everything goes missing?
- What is the length of the longest super yacht?
- Which term is used for the social system from most powerful to least powerful?
- What is the the kind of buying one does so that other people notice your money called?
- By what percent will the population of super rich will increase in Vietnam?
- $30 million
- makes business sense
- super yacht
- black hole
- 180 m
- pecking order
- conspicuous consumption