IELTS Listening Sample Questions # Animal Phobias
A phobia is actually a fear of something and almost all of us have the phobia of something or other. This time we are looking at the different animal phobias people have and what do we call them.
The audio has been taken from BBC 6 minutes English.
Answer the following questions in NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS.
- What does the irrational fear of insects call?
- What part of the brain generates the rational response?
- Which part of the brain generates the instinctive reaction?
- Which phrase means the same as faint or lose consciousness?
- What are the people who have a fear of spiders called?
- Which word defines the situation when you can spot something without even thinking about it?
- What is the synonym of entomophobia?
- Which word describes the fear of death?
- What is the fear of beards or bearded people called?
- central cortex
- pass out
- reflexive awareness