IELTS Essay # Foreign Study
You should spend 40 minutes on this task.
While studying in a foreign country can bring lot of advantages to the individual there are some negative influences as well of the host culture.
Write at least 250 words.
- Studying abroad allows students to comprehend and gain experience beyond the course material set.
- A person develops good communication skills, manners and skills that are useful for life.
- An individual develops broad thinking and practical outlook on how things work in life.
- There are lot of health issues, security problems and cultural beliefs that get struck because of foreign culture.
- Chances of drug addiction.
- Cultural shock
Education teaches to excel in life, not just the subjects, but teaches how to deal with life. And foreign education is surely a golden chance for an ideal student. It instills in a child the ability to take decisions, stand by them and be more independent. Although, there are several benefits of studying abroad, some issues exist as well.
In the internationally reputed institutes a student gets a chance to learn under the masters of the particular field. In addition, living away from home teaches the child good communication skills, manners and useful lessons for life. There comes in a spirit of Universal brotherhood in the individual. Even more, an individual develops broad thinking and practical outlook that helps him or her to stand out of the crowd.
However, one cannot deny the negative influences of host culture. There are students who get health problems and sometimes the new environment makes them feel homesick. It might even be possible that his or her religious and cultural beliefs are looked down by the locals, making him or her feel down. Chances of being affected by vices like drinking, free movements and drug addiction exist and people have been trapped in the evils of such practices.
In conclusion, a student should remember the reason for attaining foreign education and try to emulate the positive aspects of the host culture. (227 Words)