Given below are sentences with a word that has been highlighted. Out of the four possible synonyms i.e. similar words, given you need to find out the word that is closest in meaning with the word highlighted.
- I know people who read interminable, book after book, page after page, and yet should not call them ‘well-read people’.
- It was done to make the situation more fraught with disaster for Germany.
- This was a flagrant breach of international law and was protested against by every section of society.
- At that our struggle became stalemate.
- During the same time, a vigorous movement was carried out.
- Money was poured out lavishly to bribe agitators to carry out the work.
- Hitler was arrested with several of his comrades
- They believe that running a business has many advantages over working for someone else.
- Having said that, it is undeniable that running a business is risky.
- These days, more and more of us are living in big cities, and urban conurbations are expanding.