You should spend 40 minutes on this task.
Some people believe that when choosing a job, the only thing to be considered is the salary it is offering, while others are of the opinion that you should do what you love. Discuss both views.
You should write at least 250 words.
It is the cofounder of Apple that has inspired the generations to come to do what they love to do. However, in reality, often the things that we love tend to give us little money to be able to survive in the world. While there are people who believe that nothing is better than doing what makes them feel right, there are people of the opinion that one should be more practical when choosing a job. In my opinion, it must be a balance between the two.
Doing something that you love surely gives oneself a sense of achievement. When someone does a job that they like, it is more likely that people will finish it till the end. It is only when someone does what they are not very interested in, that they tend to give up. Even more, although some jobs pay less, if it feels right, the joy that one gets by doing something that their heart feels right, gives much more joy than something that is done purely for money.
However, it cannot be denied that money is equally important for leading a life. There have been people who felt in love with acting and when they tried pursuing their career in it, failed miserably. Some of them ended up being in mental asylums, others committed suicide. Keeping in mind such examples one needs to make sure that they are at least able to feed themselves before they go on to do something more close to themselves.
Overall, it is important to be financially independent to be able to live in this world but it is equally important to be able to do things that are true to one’s nature. (284 Words)
POINTS FOR “DO WHAT YOU LOVE”
- Doing something that you love or inspires you allows you to do it in the best possible way. One gives in their best and allows their creative juices to flow, while doing something that they like to do.
- When one does something that they like, it is less likely that they will fail because they don’t do it for anything but the sheer joy of being able to do the things.
- When someone does what they like or love or are passionate about, there are less chances of falling into the traps of competitiveness. No one does it to do it better than others, one is simply doing it to make sure they are happy.
POINTS FOR “DO THAT GIVES MORE MONEY”
- An individual does not lives in a vacuum, they are different responsibilities that one needs to fulfil. To be able to do that, one needs money and that is very important.
- Money provides a person more security and financial independence than anything else. A person with no money, cannot even buy his or her food, causing depression and other issues.
- Sometimes a person does not actually knows what they love. Hence it is better to do something that gives at least money, rather than doing something they don’t even know if they love.