You should spend 40 minutes on this task.
In the 21st century, many women have come out of their home to become what we call working women.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of women joining the workforce?
Write at least 250 words.
Sample Answer -One
When most countries were fighting for democracy and freedom from British rule, an internal turmoil was happening simultaneously. The struggle of women to get equal rights and by the end of 20th century, women have surely made their presence visible in the global world. Although, with more women working, there is growing economy and better lifestyle, certain areas like kids and home have surely got the back seat.
In this positive social change scenario with women becoming part of corporate organisations and, for that matter, establishing their own ventures, has helped them do things independently, making them more confident and even helped them gain self respect. This has in turn reduced the physical or mental abuse cases. In addition, women being more emotionally mature, a woman at higher level in an organisation can bring more stability to the company.
However, with more and more women joining multinational companies, has certainly given a back step to the children and social life. With both partners working, there is less of time for family life, leaving the children unhappy and lonely. It has often been seen that now kids are more likely to take a wrong step than ever before. Moreover, cases of depression and anxiety are more prevalent in kids than ever before. A woman is the person who makes a house, home. With women finding it difficult to juggle home and work, the quality of life gets deteriorated.
Overall, work has allowed women to grow individually, develop their skills and become more creative than ever before. However, when women are asked to between work and home, with no help from their partners, it leaves the family and kids feeling left out.
Sample Answer -Two
The economy of the world is booming, we have stable organizations, smarter kids and a lifestyle like never before. This is not because a magician has just changed the course of history. But because women have finally come out of their homes to find themselves, let their creative juices flow and to bring about a change in the world. But, just like the two faces of coin, with more and more woman working , there are certain areas of our lives, that have taken a back seat.
On the positive side, women who work, tend to be more financially independent. This allows them to do things just for themselves without being accountable to anyone in the family. Secondly, working women often set an example for their kids, being a source of inspiration for their children. For example, once in an interview, Indira Nooyi’s daughter was asked what does she wants to be in her life. She simply said, she wants to be herself with all the great things her mother has taught her, by example.
However, on the downside, a woman who chooses to work, has more on her platter than her peers. She has to not only juggle between work and home but also take care of herself, which woman often forget to do. As a result, their is a steep decline in the health of a woman. Even more, a woman has to face, in many cases, sexual harassment at workplace, which makes life more miserable.
Overall, a business women, has so much to offer to the society in terms of experience, intelligence and personality. However, when there is no helping hand, it often leads her to being exhausted and tired, causing a work life imbalance.
In the 21st century, with more and more countries gaining freedom, there are more number of women joining the workforce. So, one can find an increased head count of women in companies, as employers, as entrepreneurs or as business heads. Although, some believe it is the best for the world that women start working while others are of the opinion that there are lot of disadvantages with women joining the workforce. Let us today have a look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of working women.
- Smarter Kids – Working women tend to have smarter and more active kids when compared to their counterparts who don’t work. This is because a working women has to move out of the house leaving the house intact. Their kids understand better their responsibility and hence learn simple things faster.
- Financial Stability – A working women adds to the family financially. It is beneficial for a family in large as their are less financial issues and kids get the best as parents are able to afford it.
- More facilities for kids – When the family operates on money earned by both the husband and wife, there is surely more cash inflow, allowing the kids to be able to join better schools, better extra classes and learn things better.
- Inspiration- A working woman is often a inspiration for her kids. A child learns more from her mother than he or she learns from anyone else. A working woman is very easily able to teach her kids the importance of hard work, of balancing life and staying happy even in tough times.
- Freedom – A working woman is more independent than her counterparts. She is free to take her decisions independent of either her parents or her spouse. She knows that her choices and decisions directly impact her and with the freedom to take her own decisions, she becomes more creative and bold.
- Increased self-respect – A working women is entirely self dependent on herself and with she struggling with so many other things in life, she gains lot of respect for herself.
- Health Issues – A working woman has to manage both house and office at equal level leaving her tired and emaciated at the end of the day. This often leaves very less time for the girl to take care of herself, making her more prone to diseases.
- More chances of children to fall into bad company – When a child gets more freedom it does makes them responsible. But, in some cases it even leads them to bad company and with working women, it is very difficult to find out what their kids are up to.
- Gap Between Kids and Mothers – Due to office work, most mothers are not able to attend their kids parent meeting and hence are not in very touch of their child’s progress. It often leaves them guilty and some children tend to go into stage of depression.
- Harassment at Workplace – Working women have to suffer harassment at workplace. It could be sexual harassment or mental harassment, leaving a lot of void in the life of a woman.
- More Burden – If a woman finds no helping hand, from her partner, it causes difficulty as she has to work 24 hours without any help, causing drift in the husband wife relationship.
Overall, there are several advantages of working women and if a woman gets a supportive hand from the society and her spouse, things can really be turned into something very beautiful with no disadvantages at all.